‘Tis the season for everything pumpkin and this vegan pumpkin bread recipe is so insanely delicious – even non-vegans will be devouring every bite.
With Thanksgiving just a couple weeks away, I got to thinking about recipes that would make my pending vegan Thanksgiving all that much more special. Enter… the most delicious vegan pumpkin bread you could possibly imagine. Because honestly, life is just better when there’s pumpkin bread on hand.
Be it on Thanksgiving or just your average afternoon, this vegan pumpkin bread is so soft, flavorful and delicious that I dare say you won’t be able to have just one slice. Served fresh from the oven with a piping hot cup of tea? HEAVEN!!
Simple, Flavorful and Delicious!
Maybe the BEST thing about this recipe for vegan pumpkin bread is how gosh darn easy it is.
You simply throw all the ingredients in one bowl. Mix together and…voila! You’re all set. The bake time is about an hour and will have your home smelling so delicious you’ll simply be bursting with excitement for the first bite. Guaranteed.
The bread would make the perfect addition to your Thanksgiving meal – as well as make a perfect holiday gift for the loved friends and family in your life. Who doesn’t appreciate the gift of baked goods?
The recipe itself yields TWO loaves of vegan pumpkin bread, meaning you can easily save one for yourself and gift one to another. (Who is sure to be impressed by your mad baking skills!)
Flax Seed Eggs and Assorted Spices
The recipe is 100% vegan, cruelty and dairy free! In place of standard eggs, you’ll use four flax eggs by combining 1 tablespoon of flax seed to three tablespoons of water for each one.
I’ve used flax seed eggs to make all sorts of recipes, ranging from this bread to pies – to even sugar cookies and I simply can’t tell the difference between them and the traditional eggs I used back as a vegetarian. On top of being awesome – because they’re vegan, the flax seed eggs also are much healthier for you without any of the nasty cholesterol found in standard eggs. Win, win!
As a spiced vegan pumpkin bread, there’s also a nice variety of seasonings to pack a lot of flavor. You’ll need cinnamon, ground cloves, all-spice and of course nutmeg. (In addition to your standard baking soda and powder, naturally.) These spices are what will also make your kitchen smell insanely delicious while your bread bakes away in the oven.
Permission to Get Nutty
Assuming you nor no one you’ll be making this for has a nut allergy, you may want to take this vegan pumpkin bread recipe to another level by adding in some nuts. I think pecans would definitely work, but for my recipe I added in about a half cup of chopped walnuts.
Adding in nuts not adds to the flavor of the bread and of course adds in some extra protein, which is always a good thing and balances out the recipe.
Since the recipe does make two loaves of pumpkin bread, you may choose to make one with nuts and one without. This way you can have a taste test to see which version you prefer and have options available for everyone.
Are You Ready to Get Baking?
For this super simple, vegan pumpkin bread recipe – you’ll only need about 15 minutes of prep time and the rest will be spent baking away in the oven whilst you pace back and forth…ready for a bite.
Adding to the easy factor? You’ll find that most of the ingredients you likely already have on hand in your pantry. The only item you may need to specifically pick up is a can of pumpkin puree. Be sure to get PURE pumpkin and not the one pre-seasoned for pie recipes. Blech. You definitely don’t want that. (Even if making a pie. Do it yourself!)
Super Easy, Spiced Vegan Pumpkin Bread Recipe
- 3 cups sugar
- 1 cup vegetable oil
- 4 flax seed eggs (combine 4 tablespoons of flax seed with 12 tablespoons of water, then set aside for 3-5 minutes)
- 1 16-ounce can of pure pumpkin puree
- 3 1/2 cups of all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1/2 teaspoon all-spice
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/2 cup chopped nuts (optional)
- To start, pre-heat your oven to 350 degrees. Then, get to work on your flax seed eggs. In a small dish, combine 4 tablespoons of ground flax seed with 12 tablespoons of water. Stir together then set aside for 3 to 5 minutes.
- In a large bowl, combine sugar, vegetable oil, flour, seasonings, salt, baking powder and baking soda.
- Then, add in your flax seed, pumpkin puree and cream together.
- At this point, your mixture should be coming together nicely, but will be on the thick side. To perfectly thin it out, add 1/2 of water and you’ll be all set.
- Divide your pumpkin bread mixture into two greased baking loaf pans.
- Optional: Fold in chopped walnuts or pecans.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 60-65 minutes. To ensure your bread is thoroughly cooked, test by pushing a knife through the center before removing from the oven. If your knife removes without any wet mixture, you’re set!
- Remove from oven and cool for 3 to 5 minutes before serving.
I promise, you and everyone around you is going to fall in love with this vegan pumpkin spice bread recipe and you’ll be itching to whip it up again and again through the holiday season. It’s satisfying, flavor and to be honest – a little bit addictive!
If you do decide to give this a try, definitely let me know what you think! And, with the holidays approaching, lemme know if there are any other vegan recipes you’d like me to share for your holiday celebrations.
Join the #DreamSquad:
Sign up for the weekly newsletter and receive exclusive dreamer content you won’t find on DREAMINLACE.com straight in your inbox. Let’s be dreamers, together!
Stay stylish and chase your dreams!