Packed with flavor, fiber and nutrients – meet the Antioxidant Salad Recipe your body will most definitely thank you for!
It’s probably for the best that salad bars have become a thing of the past. Lack of convenience aside, not being able to dash to the salad bar for a quick dinner has prompted me to get more experimental with my at home salad recipes.
The latest recipe to come from my experimental kitchen?
An Antioxidant Salad that’s supremely nutritious – so much so your body will surely thank you for it.
Perhaps, like me, you’ve been overindulging on carbs or living off ice cream to survive the extreme summer heat. For whatever reason, we’ve all been there before where are bodies are asking, “Hello, do you even remember what a vegetable looks like?”
This Antioxidant Salad recipe mixes warm and cool nutrient-rich ingredients. Be it to reset your system after a spout of poor eating or give your body the nourishment it needs to build a strong immune system, it’s one that you will most definitely want to add to your Pinterest board!
Nourishing Antioxidant Salad Recipe
Cutting to the chase, here’s an Antioxidant Salad recipe that’s filled with flavor and nourishing ingredients.
TOTAL PREP TIME: 30 Minutes SERVES: 4 generous bowls
- 1 Lush Bundle of Kale
- 2 Carrots or 1 Cup mini carrots
- 16 Ounce Baby Bella Mushrooms
- 1 Bundle of Scallions
- 2 Tablespoons of Olive or Avocado Oil
- 1 Tablespoon of Turmeric
- 1 Teaspoon of Garlic Powder
- 1 Medium Tomato
- 1/2 Cup of Blueberries
- 1/2 Cup Raw Almonds
- Fresh Ground Pepper
- Optional: Your favorite vinaigrette dressing
- To start, wash your hands and then prep your kale. Remove the green leafy kale from its stem and shred into pieces by hand. Thoroughly rinse kale and spin dry in a salad spinner or rest to dry on paper towels.
- Roughly chop cleaned mushrooms and carrots.
- In a medium skillet, heat oil over medium heat. Add mushrooms with turmeric and garlic powder. Saute for 2 minutes then add carrots and saute for another 2-3 minutes. This will soften the carrots but also keep pretty firm in the salad.
- Chop your raw almonds; dice scallions and tomatoes.
- In a large bowl, add the cleaned kale and massage for 2 minutes to soften and release its juices.
- Once your kale is ready to go, add the mushroom and carrot mixture as well as your chopped almonds, scallions, tomatoes and blueberries.
- Add fresh ground pepper and then thoroughly toss the salad together. The warmth and flavor of the mushrooms and carrots will further soften the kale and tie all the ingredients together nicely.
- Serve with a side of your favorite hearty bread and (optional) vinaigrette salad dressing.
This Antioxidant Salad Recipe is loaded with fiber-rich ingredients with a variety of health benefits, including:
- Balance dietary system
- Lower blood pressure
- Maintain blood sugar levels
- Lower cholesterol
- Improve brain function
- Plant-based protein
- Lutein and zeaxanthin protect eye health
- Strengthen immune system
- Rich With: Vitamin A, Vitamin B1, Vitamin B2, Vitamin B3, Vitamin B6, Vitamin C, Vitamin E, Vitamin K, Beta-carotene, Calcium, Iron, Manganese, Magnesium and Potassium
Feel Free to Mix It Up
A great thing about salads in general is you can easily swap in or out ingredients based off what’s looking good to you in the produce section of your local grocery. Feel free to have fun and add in extras as you like!
This Antioxidant Salad recipe is also anti-inflammatory! It will help promote balance after over indulging on inflammatory foods, such as:
- Carbs with sugar and refined flour
- Canola Oil
- Fried Foods
- Frozen, Processed Meals or Fast Food
- Processed Meats
- Red Meat
IS THIS A GOOD MEAL PREP RECIPE FOR THE WEEK?
If you whip this Antioxidant Salad Recipe up on a Sunday, it will keep well through Tuesday. Anything beyond that, the kale and other vegetables won’t be at their best.
Thank you for reading and bon appetite!
Interested in more nutritious recipes?
Check out this flavorful Lentil Salad Recipe.
Join the #DreamSquad:
Sign up for the weekly newsletter and receive exclusive dreamer content you won’t find on DREAMINLACE.com straight in your inbox. Let’s be dreamers, together!
Stay stylish and chase your dreams!
TWITTER * INSTAGRAM * FACEBOOK