There’s no denying the NARS Unrated eyeshadow palette is a beauty! But is it a summer must-have?
(Contains affiliate links)
Fresh off the high of releasing the much beloved Light Reflecting foundation earlier this year, NARS is back and ready to prep your lids for summer!
The limited edition NARS Unrated eyeshadow palette is a warm-toned beauty that quite easily caught my eye when scrolling my emails. And after what feels like an eternity of living with the gloomy skies of winter, the thought of adding glistening champagne and cheerful pops of color was a welcomed one.
Then of course is the reality that I’m hooked on NARS eyeshadows.
They have a long history of excellence! They’re vividly pigmented and outperform just about every other brand out there when it comes to sweltering heat and humidity. It’s for that reason that the NARS summer palettes capture my interest because they come with the built-in assurance that my eyeshadow won’t be bleeding or melting down my face in 94º with 100% humidity. Amen to that!
After applying the Unrated palette to my eyes in my between mandatory sips of coffee — I’m here to give you a full report.
Is it worth adding to your collection?
Let’s get into it!
NARS Unrated Eyeshadow Palette
At first glance, the NARS Unrated eyeshadow palette tells a similar color story than their 2021 release. But expanding on that, tucked inside is 16 full-pan shadows with varying finishes.
- ISLA: Matte light tan
- CRETE: Soft slightly shimmery gold with pink undertones
- SPIAGGIA ROSE: Matte peach
- ORGASM: Signature peachy pink with golden shimmer
- LAGUNA: Signature satin warm brown
- SATISFY: Champagne shimmer
- PALMETTO: Sparkling metallic gold
- KOMODO ISALND: Deep chocolate threaded with gold glitter
- PALMAS: Matte red brown
- BIRD OF PARADISE: Sparkly rose gold
- TAJ MAHAL: Burnt tangerine threaded with gold shimmer
- LOVE ON FIRE: Copper glitter
- TIKEHAU: Matte mocha brown
- SUMMER MOON: Shimmery pink with cool undertones
- BAD INTENTIONS: Raspberry shimmer
- FETISH: Espresso brown with soft shimmer
Consistently Pigmented Shadows with Limited Fallout
The NARS Unrated eyeshadow palette definitely measures up to the formula #Narsisst fans love. Whether applied wet or dry, the shadows have very limited fallout and apply smoothly to the eyelid with little effort.
I continue to be impressed with the ease of blending NARS matte eyeshadows and the Summer Unrated palette is no exception. A good matte formula is a hard one to nail down but these have such a nice butteriness to them and they layer so nicely.
Great Palette for Beginners
While names like Natasha Denona and Pat McGrath are often at the forefront of breaking makeup trends, their high performance shadows do require a bit more effort when it comes to blending and application. NARS shadows emerge to the front of the pack when it comes to offering rich pigmentation but a silkiness to the formula that makes application a breeze.
It’s been a lot of fun using and discovering all the many looks the Unrated palette can deliver for the eyes AND the face. The shades diffuse together beautifully on the lids, almost like summertime sherbet. But beyond that, the pinks double as a beautiful blush on the cheeks and champagne shades as highlighter around the face.
WHERE TO SHOP:
NARS Unrated Eyeshadow Palette Rundown
- Strong, vivid pigment that pops
- Ultra long-lasting
- Versatile eyeshadows that can also be used on the face
- Complimentary for every skintone
- Useable throughout the year
- Great option for first-time NARS buyers
- A lot of product for the price tag of $59
- Very similar color story to earlier releases from NARS
- Several shades are formulated with talc – which can be irritating to those with sensitive skin
OVERALL GRADE: A-
I’ve been a fan of NARS eyeshadow for many years now and the Unrated palette only confirms my belief that they’re in my top three favorites of all time. There’s consistency across the palette in terms of pigmentation, longevity and application. The mattes, shimmers and metallics all have a silkiness and intensity to them that make this such a fun palette to use and play with on a daily basis.
Really the only fault I can find is that it is a similar shade selection to prior limited edition palettes from NARS, but for first-time buyers or anyone looking for a solid neutral palette I highly recommend. Existing fans of NARS can also expect to be every bit as impressed by this palette as they have been from prior editions.
MORE BEAUTY READS TO ENJOY
Join the #DreamSquad:
Sign up for the weekly newsletter and receive exclusive dreamer content you won’t find on DREAMINLACE.com straight in your inbox. Let’s be dreamers, together!
Stay stylish and chase your dreams!