The Natasha Denona My Dream eyeshadow palette features 15 dynamic shades that are gorgeous for the fall/winter season!
(Contains affiliate links)
I’ll be completely honest.
When news of the the Natasha Denona My Dream eyeshadow palette first landed in my inbox I wasn’t excited about it.
Last year’s Retro palette (reviewed, here) from Denona was my favorite eyeshadow release of 2021. And it’s one I felt featured a similar color story as the My Dream eyeshadow palette — making it feel unnecessary. As time moved on, however – my interest peaked. I ended up adding it to my collection and boy am I glad I did.
First off, the promotional photos seriously don’t do this palette justice! I was immediately captivated by the beauty of these shades off the screen of my iPad and in person when unboxing my Sephora package. They really capture and hold attention with their dimension.
Join me for a much detailed look at the Natasha Denona My Dream eyeshadow palette, below!
NATASHA DENONA MY DREAM EYESHADOW PALETTE
Tucked inside the Natasha Denona My Dream eyeshadow palette you will find 15 eyeshadows with mixed finishes – including her signature cream-to-matte formula that is *insert chef’s kiss emoji*
- BLACKEST BLACK: Matte black
- ASPIRATION: Matte dark deep dark brown
- SERENITY: Satin, medium brown with cool undertones
- CARPE DIAM: Matte medium peach
- BABIES: Metallic light-to-medium nude with rose undertones
- INSTINCT: Cream-to-powder matte medium fuchsia
- THRILL: Sparkling metallic golden duo chrome golden nude/pink
- UNITY: Matte medium pink nude
- RISK: Metallic medium maroon
- INVENTION: Sparkling metallic duo chrome tangerine threaded with bronze and golden sparks
- VISION: Multi-chrome metallic with shifts of green, pink, nude and gold
- EDGY: Cream-to-powder medium-dark eggplant with matte finish
- SPONTANEOUS: Metallic light, pearl nude
- NURTURE: Matte medium brown with cool undertones
- FAMILIA: Matte medium caramel brown with warm undertones
GORGEOUS MULTI-CHROME SHADES
The multi-chrome shades included in the Natasha Denona My Dream eyeshadow palette catch the light in such a beautiful and entrancing way. They work beautifully as toppers on the eye as well as dabbled on the cheekbones as a highlight. “Spontaneous” especially is my favorite to top off my makeup in the morning. It has such a lovely glistening effect.
Versatile Collection for Day-to-Night
The “My Dream” eyeshadow palette is one that on the left has deeper tones and lighter neutrals on the right. This creates an excellent balance that can carry you from day-to-note. It’s an excellent option to pack in your suitcase when traveling as an all-inclusive palette that suits every occasion.
The creaminess of Natasha Denona’s formula has really improved over the last year and a half or so. Those who previously found her shadows a touch dry and requiring a bit more effort when applying should be happy with tweaks made to add a silkiness to the shadows. They apply evenly to the eye with little-to-no patchiness when applying.
At the start of October I returned to work from an extended medical leave. That meant back to needing a formula that lasts ALL day long — without any touchups. I’ve been testing out the Natasha Denona My Dream eyeshadow palette for several weeks now and have been impressed to see the eyeshadow I apply in the morning still be there at night when I wash my face.
The shimmery toppers do dull a bit as the day goes on but the pigment overall holds up extremely well.
MAKING UP FOR WHAT THE RETRO PALETTE LACKS
Yes, I do still love and appreciate Natasha Denona’s Retro palette but there’s no denying it’s lacking a few must-have shades. Most notably is the lack of a matte jet black and deep brown – both of which are essential to my daily makeup routine. The My Dream palette brings them into the fold as well as golds and a striking tangerine shade that are perfect for the autumns season.
Essentially, anything I would say the Retro palette lacks the My Dream palette includes. Presenting an all-in-one palette that includes everyday neutrals, golden neutrals, purples and perhaps the best black eyeshadow I’ve ever used.
The One Color It’s Missing
Yes, there is A LOT I love about the My Dream palette but if I could wave a magic wand I would swap out the light peachy nude “Unity” shade for a crisp white for highlighting the brow bone.
Excellent Gift Idea
With the holiday season approaching, this one would make an excellent gift idea to the beauty lover on your shopping list!
Available to Shop:
Natasha Denona My Dream Eyeshadow Palette Rundown
- All-inclusive palette that works for all skintones
- Versatile color selection for day-to-night
- Long-wearing, waterproof formula
- Multichome and sparkle topper shades have a nice shift when catching the light
- Silky shadows that apply and blend easily
- Excellent palette option for traveling
- Certified cruelty-free
- Modestly priced at $69 for 15 high-quality eyeshadows
- I would’ve appreciated a white shadow
- While cruelty-free, the shadows are not a fully vegan
Overall Grade: A
Natasha Denona hit it out of the park with this palette! She created something special and a palette I see everyone finding a reason to fall in love.
The shadows are strongly pigmented, long-lasting and have such captivating dimension to them. They really bring something to the table not many eyeshadow palettes do — and the versatility of the colors included in the “My Dream” palette make it one I see everyone getting a lot of use from.
More Beauty Reads to Enjoy
The Maneater Palette Reminds Me Why I Need to Shop Tarte More
Join the #DreamSquad:
Sign up for the weekly newsletter and receive exclusive dreamer content you won’t find on DREAMINLACE.com straight in your inbox. Let’s be dreamers, together!
Stay stylish and chase your dreams!
TWITTER * INSTAGRAM * FACEBOOK