The much buzzed about Huda Beauty GloWish Skin Tint is a new makeup/skincare hybrid that promises natural and lightweight coverage! But does it live up to the hype?
(Contains Affiliate Links.)
Hello, beautiful! If you caught DreaminLace‘s round-up of June 2021’s hottest new releases, you might remember that Huda Beauty launched a tinted makeup/skincare hybrid for the summer season.
The “GloWish” Skin Tint works to give you a beautiful dewy look that’s also lightweight, breathable and sweat-proof — which honestly sounds like a godsend for summer!
With full-coverage foundations taking a backseat against the extreme heat and humidity, I picked up the Huda Beauty GloWish Skin Tint in the shade “Light” with high hopes that it would be my summer savior! A product that helps even skintone in areas like the redness surrounding my nose while providing nourishing ingredients that help care for the skin. It all sounded seriously fantastic!
After a full month of testing, I’m back with a full report on how well Huda Beauty’s new skin tint performs — and how it compares to a $12 alternative from the drugstore I’ve also been putting to the test! Keep reading below for the full scoop. x
Shop the Huda Beauty GloWish Skin Tint
HUDA BEAUTY GLOWISH SKIN TINT
Available in 13 Shades
- 01 FAIR: Fair skin tones with neutral undertones
- 02 FAIR LIGHT: Fair light skin tones with golden undertones
- 03 LIGHT: Light skin tones with peachy undertones
- 04 LIGHT MEDIUM: Light medium skin tones with pink-neutral undertones
- 05 MEDIUM: Medium skin tones with neutral undertones
- 06 MEDIUM TAN: Medium tan skin tones with golden undertones
- 07 TAN LIGHT: Tan light skin tones with neutral undertones
- 08 TAN: Tan skin tones with golden-neutral undertones
- 09 EXTRA TAN: Extra tan skin tones with olive-neutral undertones
- 10 DEEP TAN: Deep tan skin tones with red-neutral undertones
- 11 DEEP: Deep skin tones with red undertones
- 12 RICH: Rich skin tones with neutral undertones
- 13 EXTRA RICH: Extra rich skin tones with red-neutral undertone
Consider Going Down a Shade
My best advice when matching yourself online? Go down a shade from what you normally gravitate towards.
This is something I was happy to catch! After ordering the Huda Beauty GloWish Skin Tint from Sephora in the shade 04 Light Medium, I came across several reviews suggesting that the shades veer on the dark side. Catching this quickly I was able to cancel my initial order and pick up the shade 03 Light instead — which turned out to be a perfect match for me.
It’s of course always optimal to see the product in person when choosing your perfect match, but if you’re ordering online — I do recommend choosing a shade lighter.
Greasy v. Dewy Finish
If you have combination skin like me or even oily skin, you will need to pair the tint with a light setting powder. With that bit of help, the products “dewiness” can very easily enter greasy territory.
When set with my beloved Dior Backstage Powder No Powder, the product creates a beautiful illuminating effect on my complexion without the unwanted extra shine. If you have dry skin, you might have more success using the product without a powder.
Two Ways to Apply
Similar to the glow booster NARS released in Summer 2020, Huda Beauty’s Skin Tint can be applied either on its own or mixed into foundation for an added boost of radiance!
Given how much I really am enjoying a break from foundations at the moment, I have been primarily using the product as a tinted moisturizer and am pretty happy with the results. I am looking forward to using this WITH foundation, though, in the winter months ahead when my skin definitely appreciates a little pick me up.
Light, Buildable Coverage
As you likely can see in the photos above, my freckles and sun spots do come shining through the skin tint! This definitely was in line with what I expected from the product but if you are on the hunt for full-coverage, look now further than HB’s Faux-Filter foundation. It’s MAJOR!!
Nonetheless, while natural imperfections can and will shine through — I am happy to report that the coverage is very buildable. The tint’s whipped consistency makes for full-proof layering wherever you like! I also very much enjoy the the natural “your skin but better” finish.
How Long Does the Product Last?
Expect around 6 hours of solid wear time from Huda Beauty’s GloWish Skin Tint.
It’s by no means a bullet-proof product that will last you from dawn till night. That said, it is one that wears down nicely throughout the day. Its skin-loving ingredients absorb smoothly into your complexion rather than breaking apart in patches across the face.
Key Skin-Loving Ingredients
The 100% vegan formula includes a number of plant-derived ingredients that nourish the skin, including:
- PLANT-DERIVED SQUALANE: A natural antioxidant that protects against skin damage while providing hydration
- DAMASCUS ROSE OIL: A soothing ingredient that calms the skin while locking in moisture
- RED BELL PEPPER EXTRACT: An active ingredient from French bell peppers that protects about blue light damage
Please accept my apologies for sharing a somewhat icky photo – but I wanted to show as honestly as possible that the tint isn’t entirely “sweat-proof” as Huda Beauty expressed it would be.
The above photo was taken after time outdoors in 94 degrees with high humidity. Those are definitely extreme weather conditions but the same happened when worn at the gym following work. That said, does anyone really expect a face makeup product to be entirely sweatproof? It’s reasonable to me that tinted liquid products are going to leave a trace.
Pricing and Alternatives
The Huda Beauty GloWish Skin Tint is priced at $37. While there are undeniably many great things going for the product, I do want to to share two more moderately priced alternatives that share many of the same benefits!
- KIKO’s Green BB Hydrator I fell in love with this last summer. It’s formulated with natural ingredients, packaged in plant-derived materials and is also on MEGA sale at the moment.
- Catrice’s BB Cream is also loaded with natural, skin-loving ingredients and it’s only $12 from Ulta!
HUDA BEAUTY GLOWISH SKIN TINT RUNDOWN
- Lightweight, whipped formula that applies easily
- Loaded with skin-loving ingredients to hydrate and naturally defend against skin damage
- Light, buildable coverage
- Natural, radiant finish
- Available for a nice range of skintones with 13 shades
- Fragrance Free
- Certified vegan and cruelty-free formula
- Packaging made from recycled materials
- A setting powder is a must for those with oily or combination skin. Product appears more greasy than “dewy” without.
- Not sweat or water-proof, as advertised
- Pricier than similar alternatives
- Does not contain an SPF
OVERALL GRADE: B
Without question, Huda Beauty has created a fantastic hybrid makeup/skincare product that’s perfect for the summer months but will also be nice year-round on days you want lighter coverage — or want to add a boost to your foundation. This is a product that definitely grew on me more and more with each use because of just how great it makes my skin feel. You can really feel the hydration and it feels impossibly lightweight as the day wears on.
I’m concerned KIKO is discontinuing their BB Hydrator, so I do have room for a new favorite tinted moisturizer in my routine. The Huda Beauty Skin Tint is definitely priced higher than the very similar $12 Catrice version I’ve also been loving this summer.
All in all, the product is nice! When taming the dewiness with setting powder it has a really nice natural and healthy appearance on the skin.
Even though I do religiously wear a Clinique SPF 50 every day, I would really have appreciated an added SPF in the skin tint. You can never have too much protection from the sun as far as I’m concerned so extra coverage in base products is always a good thing for me. But maybe that’s me just being nit picky! *shrugs*
Shop the Huda Beauty GloWish Skin Tint
Thank you so much for reading! I hope you’re having the most wonderful summer.
Join the #DreamSquad:
Sign up for the weekly newsletter and receive exclusive dreamer content you won’t find on DREAMINLACE.com straight in your inbox. Let’s be dreamers, together!
Stay stylish and chase your dreams!