A vegetable cashew stir-fry recipe is fast, easy and perfect for weeknights! It’s also loaded with nutrients and great as leftovers for lunch the next day.
Hello there and welcome to another “In the Kitchen” moment with Kelly!
During these quarantine times of self-isolation, I’ve rather enjoyed hitting the kitchen more often and sharing with you what I whip up! Just last week I shared my favorite pasta salad recipe. I also recently whipped of a veganized version of Ina Garten’s sinfully delicious chocolate cake!
Well, today’s recipe comes to you completely on the fly. I didn’t at all plan to share this with you, but when I sat down to enjoy a bowlful I thought to myself “Why not?” After all, we’re living in strange times and a few off-the-cuff photos I snapped on an iPhone are certainly good enough for a blog post. Not everything has to be pre-planned or curated!
My Easy Vegetable Cashew Stir-Fry Recipe
I’ve been making this super easy vegetable cashew stir-fry recipe for a couple years now, but much more frequently during COVID-19. To me, it’s truly a slam-dunk recipe!
- It’s loaded with colorful vegetables and nutrients
- It’s super easy to make
- It takes only about 15 minutes, making it a wonderful weeknight recipe
- It’s excellent as leftovers for lunch or dinner the next day
Easy Vegetable Cashew Stir-Fry Recipe
Total Cook Time: 15 minutes
- 4 cloves of garlic
- 2 bundles of scallions
- 2 broccoli crowns, chopped
- 8 oz sliced mushrooms
- 1 cup diced carrots
- 1 1/2 cup snow peas
- 1 yellow bell pepper, diced
- 1 red bell pepper, diced
- 3/4 cup roasted, unsalted cashews
- 4 tablespoons of sesame oil
- 2-3 tablespoons of low sodium soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon of ground ginger
- 1 tablespoon of turmeric
- Dash of cayenne pepper
- Salt and pepper to taste
- In a wok or large saute pan, heat 2 tablespoons of sesame oil on medium high heat.
- Once brought to temperature, add minced garlic and chopped scallions to the pan. Saute in oil for 2 minutes with fresh ground pepper.
- Add broccoli, turmeric, ginger and a dash of cayenne pepper. Stir thoroughly and cook for 2 minutes.
- Add mushrooms, carrots and diced bell peppers. Mix and cook for 2 minutes.
- Stir in snow peas, soy sauce and the remaining 2 tablespoons of sesame oil. Cook for 2 minutes.
- Lastly, add roasted cashews to the vegetables. Stir thoroughly and cook til fully heated. (Approximately 2-3 more minutes.)
- Serve and enjoy! Add the roasted cashews to your vegetables. Stir thoroughly and cook till fully heated. (Approx. 2-3 more minutes.)
While traditionally served over rice, I prefer to serve this vegetable cashew stir-fry recipe over quinoa. Following a plant-based diet, I’m always eager to fit extra protein in where I can and quinoa is an excellent (and delicious) way to do so.
Be it quinoa, brown or white rice – whatever grain you prefer or have on hand in your pantry will certainly work just fine. After all, the veggie stir-fry and all its beautiful colors are the main attraction!
Note: This recipe is particularly great for leftovers with even more advanced flavor the next day! Makes for a great packed lunch at work.
Thank you for reading! I hope you and your loved ones are staying well. Sending love! x
Join the Dream Squad
Sign up for my weekly newsletter to receive exclusive dreamer content you won’t find on Dream in Lace straight in your inbox. Let’s be dreamers, together!
Stay stylish and chase your dreams!
TWITTER * INSTAGRAM * FACEBOOK