Meet the favorite vegan pasta salad recipe I’ve been living off of every summer for years. (Truly!)
As soon as sunshine and warm weather arrives, so does my craving for pasta salad.
Chilled noodles loaded with fresh veggies and tossed in garlicy salad dressing goodness? It’s heaven. So much so that I keep pasta salad on hand 24/7 during the summer months.
Today I’m sharing my favorite vegan pasta salad recipe that is also hands down my go-to “gift to pass” at social gatherings. It’s also my favorite dish to stow away in the fridge for easy meals. A true summer staple!
Need to pack a lunch lunch? This pasta salad works perfectly!. Need dinner but don’t feel like cooking? Leftover pasta salad will work for days as either a main dish or accompanying whatever else you have in mind. It’s simple, delicious and loaded nutrients — not to mention, tasty!
My Vegan Pasta Salad Recipe
My vegan pasta salad recipe has been much loved through the years – both by myself and others. It’s my go-to for cookouts or social events in the summer months. I also have taken to whipping it up once a week for myself just to have on hand.
It’s very easy to make, incredibly delicious and quite refreshing. It’s also very delicious all thanks to my secret ingredient!
Garlic and Herb Dressing Mix from Good Seasons
The secret to the best pasta salad you’ve ever tasted? A packet of the very delicious Garlic and Herb salad dressing by Good Seasons. This little packet might not be much to look at, but it’s the best thing happening in the salad dressing aisle at your local grocery store. Trust me.
This salad dressing is so delicious, I buy it in bulk.
It goes perfectly on your standard salads as well as atop my favorite vegan pasta salad. Even years back when I ate meat, it worked beautifully as marinade for chicken or fish. It’s truly that versatile! My family has enjoyed it for years and it’s something I truly hope never is discontinued because it’s that much of a kitchen staple in my everyday life.
Bonus of a Dressing Mix? Plastic Free!
In addition to this old fashioned salad dressing mix being a family favorite I’ve enjoyed for years, it’s actually a much more environmentally-friendly approach to dressing your pasta salad. The Good Seasons cruets are glass, aka plastic-free, and can be washed again and again for continued use well into the future. All good news!
Of course, if you have your own favorite garlic and herb vinaigrette salad dressing you prefer to use, feel free to swap that out. I just happened to be a big believer in the Good Seasons Garlic & Herb dressing and am always excited when more people discover how delicious it truly is!
Favorite Vegan Pasta Salad Recipe
My vegan pasta salad recipe is a favorite of vegans and non-vegans alike! It’s super easy to make and is a real crowd pleaser.
Total Prep and Cook Time: 20 minutes
Equipment You’ll Need:
- Large pot
- Large mixing bowl
- Cutting board
- Knife for chopping vegetables
- Cruet salad dressing bottle (Typically available at your grocery, Walmart, etc. This Good Seasons kit contains one. Or they’re all over eBay!)
- 1 box vegetable infused tri-color Rotini pasta
- 2 bell peppers (1 red, 1 yellow is what I prefer)
- 2 bundles of scallions
- 2 broccoli crowns
- 2 cups diced carrots
- 2 packets Good Seasons “Garlic and Herb” salad dressing (Including vinegar, vegetable oil and water for mixing)
- Salt and pepper to taste
- If Preparing Pasta in Advance: Toss in olive oil before chilling in the frige.
- For Those Who Eat Dairy: Can be served tossed with feta cheese or served on the side.
- In a large pot, boil water for pasta. Once boiling, cook for 10 minutes.
- As the pasta cooks, prep your veggies. Dice carrots, scallions, peppers and broccoli into bite-sized pieces.
- Once thoroughly cooked, drain the pasta and run under cold water to thoroughly chill.
- After completely draining the pasta and letting any excess water run off, add to a large bowl and combine with your chopped vegetables.
- Prep one bottle of Good Seasons Garlic and Herb salad dressing.
- In a large mixing bowl, toss together the pasta, chopped vegetables, salad dressing and pepper to your liking.
- Serve and enjoy!
- If Stowing for Leftovers: Mix up a second bottle of the salad dressing for the next few days. The pasta will absorb the original bottle and become quite dry in between meals. Simply toss some fresh dressing on top and enjoy!
If you make this vegan pasta salad recipe – I hope you enjoy. Be sure to let me know what you think!
Also, sending love during this wild time. Stay safe! x
Join the Dream Squad
Sign up for my weekly newsletter to receive exclusive dreamer content you won’t find on Dream in Lace straight in your inbox. Let’s be dreamers, together!
Stay stylish and chase your dreams!