Let’s have some fun and play with the all new Kiko Unexpected Paradise summer collection!
(Contains affiliate links.)
Considering we can’t exactly travel this summer, we’re all going to have to get creative for creating those *vacay vibes* at home. For me, that means cranking up the Florence + the Machine, pouring myself a chilled tonic with lime and embracing the sunshine as best I can.
Yes, 2020 may very well be the year of the ‘staycation’ for the bulk of us — but that doesn’t mean you can’t have a little fun mixing up your beauty routine. In fact, in a lot of ways, I feel even more motivated to embrace the new makeup releases this summer! After MONTHS in lockdown, there’s something really exciting about products inspired by the beach and other tropical destinations…even though we can’t go anywhere. *womp womp*
Kiko Unexpected Paradise Summer Collection
As soon as I laid eyes on the Kiko Unexpected Paradise summer collection online, I knew I had to get a few things. Truth is, Kiko is a brand that’s been on my radar for quite some time but I somehow have never tried up to this point. For summer 2020, they’ve released a full collection of makeup with everything from highlighters and bronzers down to nail polish and even a mascara.
Naturally, what most caught my eye was the bronzer. Being someone who chooses to stay out of the sun as much as possible, I’m always in need of a good bronzer to give me that much sought after ‘summer glow’ without actually having to tan my skin.
What I Purchased
First off, let me share everything that I picked up from the Kiko Unexpected Paradise summer collection with you!
- Silky Touch Baked Bronzer in 03 Neutral
- Magnificent Eyeshadows in 03 Freedom, 04 Choose to Shine and 05 Lilac Moon
- Water Resistant Long-Lasting Lip Pencil in 05 Sphere of Fire
- Long-Lasting Lip Stylo in 03 Stop a Moment
- Transforming Lip Top Coat
While I didn’t purchase EVERYTHING from Kiko’s summer collection, I did pick up a nice assortment of products that we can play with here today! Down below, I’ll walk you through everything that did make its way into my collection. Are the products as wonderful as they appear? Let’s find out!
The Silky Bronzer
Immediately, we’re going to have to talk about the bronzer. The Kiko Unexpected Paradise summer collection actually has 3 bronzers in total. There are two gorgeous two-toned marble bronzers as well as this striking beauty! They really all looked beautiful online, but the embossed palm really drew me into the neutral bronze shade.
- A LARGE bronzer that’s nearly the size of my face. This will last you a while!
- Silky, matte finish that blends smoothly
- Packing includes a full-sized mirror
- Scented with coconut, a feature that normally I wouldn’t like but as I won’t be at a beach this summer really appreciate it for those extra vacay vibes I long for.
- Works beautifully on its own or atop a cream contour
- Doubles as a great blending eyeshadow shade
- Reasonably priced at $22
The Magnificent Eyeshadows
Confession: I actually placed two orders from the Kiko Unexpected Paradise summer collection. If you watched my initial unboxing on Instagram, you’d know that I picked up one of the magnificent eyeshadows. Well, I enjoyed the shade Freedom so much I went back and purchased two more shades! (That’s love I tell ya.)
- Metallic finish
- 6 shades in total, including golds, purple tones and a rich green
- Soft and smooth texture, with remarkably no fallout
- Long-lasting, even on hot and humid days
- Works well as a highlighter as well
- Reasonably priced at $9 each
- Each shade includes reflective pearls that create a beautiful, shining effect on the lid
The Magnificent Shadows:
- Freedom: A gorgeous molten gold
- Lilac Moon: A soft, lilac purple
- Choose to Shine: A beautiful rose gold
All-in-all, I’m really impressed by these. Usually I gravitate towards eyeshadow palettes over singles, but these magnificent shadows are so simple and fantastic for the summer months. I’ve played with wearing them together, but my favorite way of wearing them is actually to use one shade all over the lid with some of the bronzer in my crease.
The pearls of each shade really do add a fair amount of dimension to your look. These also last all day in the heat and humidity — and even through a Sunday afternoon nap. *wink*
Let’s Talk Lip Products
When it comes to lips, the Kiko Unexpected Paradise summer collection certainly has A LOT to offer! There’s the long-lasting lip stylo lipsticks in 8 shades, a water-resistant lip liner in 8 matching shades and a gorgeous glittery gold lip topper that can be worn with any lip product or on its own.
Lip Stylo Lipsticks
- Smooth and creamy matte finish
- Comfortable on the lips
- Vibrant and full-coverage color pay-off
- Great wear time
- 8 shades available, ranging from poppy pinks to reds and deep plums
- Nicely priced at $14 each
Water-Resistant Lip Pencil
- I picked up the shade Sphere of Fire and WOW is it vibrant
- 8 shades in total, matching the lip stylos.
- A wind-up product, no need for sharpening
- A touch drying. You’ll need the lip topper or a lipstick on top for added comfort.
- Seriously LONG lasting
- Full coverage with matte finish
- Smooth application
- Instantly transforms a matte finish into a glossy one
- Threaded with micro glitter, for dimension on the lips
- Smooth and soft application
- Scented with coconut
- Works well atop lip liners, a lipstick or on its own
Overall, the Kiko Unexpected Paradise summer collection is a winner in my eyes! As a first time Kiko shopper, I’m very impressed with the quality of the products as well as how reasonably priced they are. Everything ranges from $9 to $22, which is definitely great compared to the many pricier options out there.
The brand is also certified cruelty-free and while Kiko Cosmetics originated in Italy, they do have shipping from within the US. During COVID-19 that’s especially good news for my fellow Americans. My orders both came from the Greater NYC area and arrived in two days…which was very impressive.
- Affordably priced
- Certified cruelty-free
- Large variety of color options to suit different skintones and preferences
- Long-lasting products
- Smooth application that blends nicely
- Beautiful packaging
- Shipped from within the US
- I could only find the collection directly from Kiko, which is a bummer if you prefer shopping at Ulta, Sephora, etc.
- Lip pencil tip does break off easily, so be careful when applying
Overall Grade: A
Shop the Post
Join the Dream Squad
Sign up for my weekly newsletter to receive exclusive dreamer content you won’t find on Dream in Lace straight in your inbox. Let’s be dreamers, together!
Stay stylish and chase your dreams!