On Friday the 13th, Rihanna dropped a Fenty Beauty Holiday makeup collection that’s out of this world.
(Truly, that’s the theme.)
Dreamers, while you may be thinking it’s mid-October and way TOO early to be talking about Christmas…
Rihanna says otherwise.
And obviously, when Rihanna starts decking the halls for the holiday season – I’m going to join in the fun with her. After all, Christmas is my favorite time of the year. The lights. The holiday movies. The jolly spirit of the season. The treats. The best makeup collections of the year. What’s NOT to love? I love all things beauty and my friend recently told me to check out https://beautybooker.com/ since she knows I love beauty so much. I love beauty treatments and I especially love getting new makeup!
In this (chatty) post, I’ll walk you through the first holiday collection from Rihanna, my thoughts on the products I’ve tried AND an everyday holiday makeup look to start getting in the holiday spirit. Prepare for SPARKLE!!!
Fenty Beauty Holiday Makeup Goes to Outer Space
Following an intergalactic theme, Rihanna dropped her Fenty Beauty holiday collection last week and of course I had to swing by Sephora to take a peek.
Fenty Beauty is definitely one of the most exciting makeup launches of 2017 and for their first holiday collection, they dropped:
- A sparkling, rainbow-inspired eyeshadow palette ($59)
- Glittery, metallic liquid eyeliners ($20 each)
- Four Starlit Hyper-Glitz Lipsticks ($19 each)
- Four Cosmic Glitter Lip Glosses ($19 each)
- A Galaxy Double-Ended Eyeshadow Brush ($24)
On my personal shopping trip to Sephora, I immediately gravitated to the Fenty Beauty galaxy eyeshadow palette. I’m a sucker for eyeshadow and the color selection is quite unique.
In the end though, I opted against purchasing this because I found the eyeshadows were SUPER shimmery – which of course ties into the collection well but just isn’t my thing. If there was a matte shade or two, I would’ve be sold!
But I did swatch and swatch the Fenty Beauty Holiday eyeshadow palette to my heart’s content and wanted to let anyone interested know that the shadows are super pigmented. They’re quite soft though and probably won’t last long on their own. I’d definitely suggest pairing the shadows with a good primer. A glitter glue would also come in handy to make these last ages and ages.
Now, onto what I DID purchase!!
My Lil’ Fenty Beauty Holiday Makeup Haul
From the collection, I picked up two of the lipsticks and one of the glittery eyeliners in a sparkling navy. I DID want to pick up the sparkling emerald green as well, but that one was sold out in the store.
Since I REALLY wanted to put together a complete makeup look, I also snagged one of the highlighter duos from the original Fenty Beauty collection that launched just last month.
Thoughts on the Fenty Beauty Holiday Lipsticks
- Color Selection: There are four lipstick shades to choose from. I picked up Gravity (Hot Pink) and Sci-Fly (Purple)
- Pigmentation: Definitely need layering but do have a nice amount of pigment
- Finish: Sheer and very glittery!
- Length of Wear Time: Not very long lasting. They come off pretty easily but I think if you wear over a matte lipstick you can get more bang out of them.
- Packaging: Absolutely love the holographic, metallic packaging. It’s super fun and feels unique for a holiday collection.
Thoughts on the Fenty Beauty Killawatt Highlighter Duo:
- Color Selection: The Fenty Beauty collection features six highlighters in total. I picked up the Mean Money/Hu$tla Baby Duo. See the full selection, here!
- Pigmentation: Mean Money has a more muted glow, where Hu$tla Baby packs more gold pigmentation.
- Can Double as Eyeshadow? Yes! I am happy to report both work beautifully on the eyes.
- Subtle or WOW? I’d say these are medium strength highlighters. They’re not extreme, but can definitely be built for some oomph.
Thoughts on the Fenty Beauty Holiday Eyeliner:
- Color Selection: Available in three shades: emerald green, navy and a champagne. I picked up the navy, Alien Bae.
- Pigmentation: SUPER pigmented. In fact, go light handed when you apply to avoid smearing everywhere ha.
- Length of Wear Time: The eyeliner lasts literally all day. Hallelujah, Rihanna!
- Finish: The liner dries matte, with glitter sparkle to it.
- Applicator: The tip of the applicator bends easily, making it super simple to streak a smooth line along your lashline.
Fenty Beauty Holiday Makeup Swatches
An Everyday Holiday Makeup Look
Naturally, I had to immediately put the Fenty Beauty holiday collection to the test.
Getting double bang for my buck, I used the highlighter duo on my eyes to create some festive holiday sparkle. Then, I went in with the metallic liner – lining BOTH my upper and water line. It was a bit of a gamble to try lining my waterline with a liquid eyeliner, but I went in lightly and found myself happy with how well it lasted.
As a die-hard fan of lipstick, I of course have to SWOON over just how much I love these! In this look, I’m sporting Gravity – which is a gorgeous hot pink. If you’re interested, I did also model the purple Sci-Fly on my Instagram, here.
My Overall Thoughts
I must say, Rihanna I am a FAN of your makeup line! The original Fenty Beauty line features breaks the mold by seriously creating shades that compliment every skintone and it celebrates a woman’s natural beauty. The Fenty Holiday makeup is super fun, but also very wearable. They’re not “out there” products that you’ll wear just a few times – but products you can actually incorporate into your regular makeup routine.
Fenty Beauty Holiday Makeup Pros:
- Color selection that suits a LARGE variety of skintones, woo!
- Great value for the price
- Readily available online and in Sephora stores, so you can sample before purchasing
- Nicely pigmented
- Fun, quality packaging
Fenty Beauty Holiday Makeup Cons:
- The powder products aren’t very long lasting.
- I wish the eyeshadow palette had a couple mattes to better balance out an eye look
Happy early holidays! If you’ve picked up anything from the Fenty Beauty holiday collection – definitely lemme know what you think. I’m impressed with this first holiday collection and look forward to seeing where Rihanna takes the beauty line next!
Like this Post?
Be sure to sign up for my mailing list receive a weekly Dream in Lace update every Wednesday!
Shop the Post
Fenty Beauty Killawatt Freestyle Highlighter Mean Money/ Hu$tla Baby ($34)
Fenty Beauty Eclipse Glitter Eyeliner in Alien Bae ($20)
Fenty Beauty Starlit Hyper-Glitz Lipstick in Gravity & Sci-Fly ($19)
Stay stylish and keep chasing your dreams!
TWITTER * INSTAGRAM * FACEBOOK