Wedding season is in FULL swing and today, we’re celebrating with a little glitz. Here are top tips for finding the perfect summer wedding jewelry – and a selection of favorites for your scrolling pleasure!
Hello, there! After enjoying a refreshing dip in the pool after work, I’m now curled up and ready to have a little gush session with you on summer wedding jewelry. All of course as I sip on an ice cold glass of Crystal Light and bop to the new Lorde album – whilst vaguely paying attention to the news on mute. (Truly, the only way to enjoy the news these days. Ha!)
As you no doubt know, wedding season is in FULL SWING, making it the perfect time to add a little sparkle to your life. Whether you’re the bride, a member of the bridal party, a wedding guest or even just a girl on the hunt for some razzle dazzle, today’s post is dedicated to you.
From Shoes to Sumer Wedding Jewelry!
Recently, I shared a Vegan Wedding Shoes post (here) that was so much fun to put together that my fingers were itching to create a follow up. And what better to pair the perfect wedding shoes with than the perfect wedding jewelry?
When considering the most ideal summer wedding jewelry, my mind gravitates to lighter weight pieces that add a splash of shine to your outfit – without being overly distracting. If you’re the bride, your gown is the star of the show. If you’re the guest or a bridesmaid, the bride is the star of the show.
Needless to say, a more subdued approach goes a long way.
My Summer Wedding Jewelry Tips
Yes, summer wedding jewelry is a supporting role to my look – not the main act. As such, there are definitely a few things I keep in mind – that might help you in your shopping endeavors this wedding season.
- Stick to the classics! Gold, silver or platinum are the way to go. No bold, loud and flashy colors.
- Work in doubles, not triples! Meaning, wear earrings and a bracelet. OR, wear earrings and a necklace. All three together? Too much.
- Fake Works, but Real is Better. What better time to pull out your real diamonds and/or gold than at a summer wedding? There are definitely great costume pieces out there (in this post, even), but if you have the chance to keep it real – go for it!
- Collar Necklaces: Yes!
- Chandelier Earrings: Double yes!
- Wear What You Can Wear…Again! When it comes to preserving the memory of the occasion, a dress will do just fine. For your jewelry, select pieces that are universal to be worn again and again.
Are You Ready for Some Sparkle?
Of course I couldn’t leave you hanging without rounding up my top summer wedding jewelry picks of the moment. After all, I do enjoy a good ole ’round up’ post – especially when there’s gold and sparkle involved.
I hunted around a number of individual places, but most of the picks you’ll see today come from Nordstrom (because, duh), Lord and Taylor…and a newly discovered Big Apple brand called AUrate New York.
Summer Wedding Jewelry I Earrings
1. Nadri Gwen Crystal Hoop Earrings
2. Anna Beck Crystal Quartz Double Drop Earrings
3. Kate Spade New York Ring It Drop Hoop Earrings
4. Oscar de la Renta Star Ear Crawler Earrings
5. Kendra Scott Daphne Earrings
6. LAGOS Signature Caviar Drop Earrings
7. Baublebar Isadora Drop Earrings
8. Poppy Finch Pearl Bar Stud Earrings
9. Luv AJ Crystal Ear Crawlers
Summer Wedding Jewelry I Bracelets & Necklaces
1. Baublebar Kew Crystal Collar Necklace
2. Anna Beck Semiprecious Stone Station Necklace
3. J.Crew Factory Crystal Bubbles Necklace
4. Jenny Packham Crystal Studded Cluster Bracelet
5. Givenchy Sydney Drama Collar Necklace
6. Nadri Crystal Pave Chainlink Bangle Bracelet
7. Marchesa Drama Flex Bracelet
8. Marchesa Faux Pearl Floral Bracelet
9. Swarvoski Crystal and Gold Bracelet
10. Rebecca Minkoff Navette Choker Necklace
11. Givenchy Crystal Choker Necklace
The 411 on AUrate New York
Since you might not have heard of AUrate New York before, I thought I’d give you a brief introduction to the brand. This way you’ll know a little bit more about them while oohing and ahh-ing over some of their pieces below.
Also, as a dreamer who loves celebrating my fellow dreaming, hardworking female peers – I just want to give them a nod for being generally awesome.
- Founders: Founded by Sophie Kahn and Bouchra Ezzahraoui. The two met at Princeton in 2009 and worked together to launch AUrate in 2015.
- Ethically Sourced: The jewelry industry does have its dark side, but AUrate only uses diamonds and other sourced materials from conflict-free regions.
- Made in New York
- Each Purchase Makes a Difference: As we all know, literacy is key and education is struggling in America – particularly in lower income areas. To help bridge the gap, every piece of jewelry purchased at AUrate translates into a book donation to an underprivileged youth.
Summer Wedding Jewelry I AUrate New York
1. AUrate New York Diamond Circle Earrings
2. AUrate New York Gold Disk Earrings
3. AUrate New York Gold Disk Necklace
4. AUrate New York Diamond Path Earrings
5. AUrate New York Flower Earrings
6. AUrate New York Flower Collar Necklace
7. AUrate New York Floral Bracelet
8. AUrate New York Feather Ear Cuff
9. AUrate New York Asymmetric Diamond Earring
10. AUrate New York Diamond Circle Earrings
11. AUrate New York Tribar Ear Jacket Earrings
12. AUrate New York Tribar Collar Necklace
13. AUrate New York Tribar Cuff Bracelet
A Special AUrate Discount Code!
While this post is not sponsored by AUrate, their team was kind enough to share an exclusive discount code with us to help you save a little as you try out their beautiful pieces. Use the promo code AurateExclusive10 at check out to save 10% on your lovely purchase.
Also, feel free to share with your family and friends if you like. After all, who doesn’t love a discount?
Thank You for Reading!
As always, I really appreciate you taking the time to read this post. Hopefully you got a little summer wedding jewelry inspiration – or maybe even found a piece or two to add to your jewelry collection.
It’s been a lot of fun delving into the topic of wedding season attire. In case you did miss it, definitely hop over and check out the first post in this ‘series’ on wedding shoes, here. I mean, it’s basically shoe porn and who doesn’t appreciate that? I know I do!
Stay stylish and keep chasing your dreams!