Kiss the morning and radiate with Chanel’s Vitalumiere Aqua foundation – proof that perfect skin can be lightweight after all.
I’ve lived in a dream world, where perfect and luminous skin came in the blink of an eye. It also didn’t come without layer upon layer of primer and foundation, leaving my skin feeling weighed down. Could perfect skin really be so easy?
Turns out, Chanel is the answer to all our modern day dilemmas – including, effortless perfect skin. Chanel’s Vitalumiere Aqua foundation is a water-like liquid with a very light consistently. With a couple shakes of the bottle and a few swipes of a brush, my skin goes from lackluster to luminous in a flash. A kind gentleman at the Chanel counter perfectly matched me to the shade ‘Beige 20’, and I have to agree, it’s a pretty perfect match. While it is available to order online all over, I recommend going to the counter to get color matched for your first bottle. It’s also nice to take a sample home as a tester just to be sure you like the product.
Chanel describes the Vitalumiere Aqua foundation as “Ultra Light” and “Skin Perfector” – as it turns out? I agree. It’s a foundation that lands on the top of beauty guru lists everywhere, but I really wanted to get to know this foundation before giving my review. It’s been several months now, and I feel like I’m darn near besties with this guy and ready to deal out the pros and cons. Yes, while I admittedly love it – there are a couple of cons. (Come on, not even Chanel is perfect. Right?)
Pros of the Vitalumiere Aqua Foundation:
– Super light-weight atop your skin
– Blends easily, practically vanishing into your skin
– Considerable longevity. Able to last through a full workday without touch ups.
– Has a healthy finish, that falls between matte and dewy – giving you that ‘perfect skin’ day.
– Does not require a primer.
– While light-weight, can be easily built to give more coverage in problem areas.
– By no means cake-y, at all. Truly a natural and skin-perfecting product.
– Oil-free and does not cause breakouts
Cons of the Vitalumiere Aqua Foundation
– With only 10 shades, the foundation will not work for every skin tone.
– While $48 a bottle is certainly not the most extreme price of luxury foundations, the water-like nature of the product can make you go through it much quicker than thicker foundations.
– Does have a fragrance to it, which may irritate sensitive skin
You can tell I have fun rolling around on fashion magazines, can’t ya? Ha! That’s the sign of a good product. One that makes you feel like your best self.
As I know that not every foundation works the same for everyone, here’s a little background on my skin.
I have combination skin. My nose tends to get oily, while the rest of my face is typically quite dry. Also, thanks to my trusty Clarisonic, I generally have a clear complexion. For my “problem” areas? I have dark circles under my eyes (as yes, I am an insomniac) and pesky redness at my nose. For those trouble areas, I do use a fuller coverage concealer and set that with a pressed powder with the Vitalumiere Aqua foundation.
Shop the Post! I’m Wearing these Products:
Chanel Vitalumiere Aqua Foundation in ‘Beige 20’
NARS Concealer in ‘Vanilla’
Laura Mercier Invisible Setting Powder
MAC Lipstick in ‘Russian Red’
Dior-Show Iconic Overcurl Mascara
Rimmel Scandaleyes Waterproof Kohl Eyeliner in Black
Have you tried this Chanel foundation? How did you like it?
TWITTER – INSTAGRAM – BLOGLOVIN’