A summer break is something we all need. I’m taking mine and encourage you to take yours as well!
Hello there, dreamers! If you saw my earlier post on the digital detox I took over the weekend, you may have seen that one benefit of stepping away from my phone and social media for a few days was I gained some clarity. Part of that clarity is that a summer break is in order and something I think we should all give ourselves!
My 2020 Summer Break
2020 of course has been a rather difficult and unique year, making traditional summer breaks and getaways not possible for the vast majority of us in the United States. While traveling is out of the question, a summer staycation break is the next best thing! (If only out of necessity.)
As I plan to take the next week off from creating content on DreaminLace, I brainstormed some ideas of what I’d like to do in my self-appointed summer break. By all means, if you have any summer staycation ideas, feel free to suggest in the comments! I might even have a little browse over on Pinterest for things to do.
Vacations are great because you get to see and do things you don’t normally get to see/do. With a little creativity and an open mind, I’m confident a summer staycation can be just as rewarding!
Staycation Summer Break Ideas:
- Take time outside in the morning to watch the birds over your coffee.
- Cool off in a pool if you have access to one.
- Unwind with yoga.
- Make a new recipe you’ve been meaning to try.
- Get an ice cold coffee from Starbucks and drive around a part of town you’re unfamiliar with to get a change of scenery.
- Visit a new park.
- Read a good book. (Here’s the DreaminLace summer reading list if you need some suggestions)
- Play a board game or UNO. (There’s an UNO app that’s free, btw.)
- Host and at-home wine tasting
- Get a scoop of ice cream from your local ice cream parlor or make sundaes at home
- Have a spa day with at-home manicures, pedicures, massages and facials — all set to relaxing spa music
- Safely enjoy a picnic in your yard or local park
- Play tropical music and pretend you’re in the tropics while relaxing at home
- Have a movie night, complete with popcorn and your favorite snacks
- Make s’mores at an at-home campfire or even your microwave
- Complete a jigsaw puzzle
- Take a bike ride
On that note, I am off to enjoy a little 2020 summer break over the next week. Content on DreaminLace.com will be on hold and I’ll be largely staying off social media as well. I’ll speak with you all again next week and I hope you’re able to carve out a little summer break for yourself in the weeks ahead. We all deserve it every year, but especially now. Sending love!
Thank you for reading! I hope you’re staying safe and well during this challenging year.
Join the Mailing List
Sign up for my weekly newsletter to receive exclusive dreamer content you won’t find on Dream in Lace straight in your inbox. Let’s be dreamers, together!
Stay stylish and chase your dreams!