Today, I thought we should have a little catch up while I share my favorite long-lasting summer makeup look. (Seriously. We’re talking ALL day!)
Hi there, dreamers! Today, I want to have a little bit of a catch up and say that I have missed you! Over the course of the last two months, I’ve taken a bit of an unwanted hiatus. Things outside of Dream in Lace got super busy and there just wasn’t enough time in the day to create content. Add to that some horrendously uncooperative weather and DreaminLace.com has been pretty sparse the last few weeks. #Sorry
In my time away, though, I was able to reflect on how important creating content for you guys really is for me. I know it sounds completely lame, but the truth is when I’m not engaged with my blog and sharing posts…I don’t really feel like myself. Creating something entirely on my own by my own direction and with my own instincts is a big source of joy and I’m eager to get back on the saddle!
Long-Lasting Summer Makeup Look
Taking more control of my time seriously couldn’t come at a better time, because summer is on its way! The days are longer, the sun is shining and life is all around looking up! I’m totally ready to embrace the heat, relax and enjoy all the season the season with you guys.
Speaking of summer, I thought I may as well share a summer makeup look with you while I’m here. When I took these photos for the blog, I knew it was mostly to have a catch up post and just get a post out there to get started – but I also REALLY love my makeup!!! Aside from being just pretty, I was also blown away by how great everything looked since I had applied it – no joke – NINE hours before.
That’s right, if you think I look fresh faced – that’s a testament to the products I’m using. They all hold up in heat and humidity like a dream!
So buckle up, because I’m going to take you step-by-step through creating this SUPER long-lasting summer look all on your very own.
Foundation and Concealer:
- Starting off, I applied the Marc Jacobs Beauty Shameless Foundation all over my face. I absolutely ADORE this foundation for warmer months. It’s radiant and has an SPF of 25, making it perfect for the day time.
- Next, I blended in Tarte‘s CC Undereye Correcting Concealer both under my eyes and by my nose. I know it’s *technically* meant just for under the eyes, but it’s such a great concealer I stick it wherever I want to. Makeup rules be damned!
- To set everything, I used my favorite Elf Cosmetics‘ HD Setting Powder. It’s translucent and lets everything shine through – while keeping everything in place.
- Time to color! Using Estee Lauder’s Bronze Goddess powder, I added bronzer in a “three” shape on my face — hitting the forehead, below the cheekbones and collarbone.
- Atop my cheeks, I dabbed on the Borghese ‘Stunner’ Blush. It’s a beautiful rusty-coral shade that’s threaded with shimmer. An absolute beauty, really!
- To finish off the face, I added the bronze shade from Elf Cosmetics’ Heart Defenser Highlighting duo.
On the Eyes:
Since I’m pretty much all about the Urban Decay‘s Summer Beached eyeshadow palette at the moment, that’s what I used to craft my eyeshadow look. If you want a more detailed look at the palette, I shared a full review with swatches etc. (here)…but for this makeup look I stuck to three shades. Here’s what I did!
- In my crease, I used a MAC 217 brush to blend and blend Daybreak (matte, rust shade). It worked as the perfect foundation for the coppery eyes I was going for.
- Next, I used a MAC 239 brush to pack Heatwave ALL over the lead and into my crease.
- Using my finger, I then dabbed Blaze on the center of my lid to create some highlight.
- To balance the look, I lined my lower lash line with the new Urban Decay 24/7 Glide-On pencil in the shade ‘Lucky’.
- Using a Sigma E57, I smudged out the liner to soften it a bit while still capturing it’s stunning color.
- Atop the liner, I went back to the Urban Decay palette and used the same Sigma E57 brush to add in some Heatwave.
Finishing off the eyes, I put on Elf Cosmetics’ Mineral Mascara – which is truly the best $3 you could spend all year. Talk about a game changer on the drugstore v. high end makeup debate. It’s an all around fantastic mascara and doesn’t flake or smudge at all — even in high heat and humidity!
For my eyebrows, I reached for the Hourglass Arch Brow Gel. This is always SO easy to use! To apply, all you have to do is brush through your brows and the gel will do its job – clinging to your brows and defining each hair.
On the Lips:
Last – but absolutely not least – are the lips!
To finish off this look uber long-lasting summer makeup look, I turned to L’Oreal’s Colour Riche Shine lipstick in the shade Polished Tango (918). These lippies provide the perfect amount of shine, color and moisture. I’m honestly not even kidding when I tell you I’ve fallen in love with them and will be wearing them all season long…as well as in the fall, winter, etc..
Well, there you have it! A step-by-step guide to recreating my long-lasting summer makeup look.
As I’m essentially an albino with absolutely no hope of getting the perfect summer “tan” – I like to have fun playing with bronze and copper tones to create a summer glow of my own! The Urban Decay Beached palette is obviously perfect for that and bronzers, orange-tone blushes and highlighters are my friend.
To help you lovelies out, I rounded up all of the makeup products and brushes I used to create this look – as well as what I’m wearing – for you below. DO let me know if you have any long-lasting summer makeup products you love because I’m always on the hunt for more. Summer, here we come!
Thank you oh so much for reading, be sure to give me a follow on Instagram. I’ve been getting back into Insta stories and would love to have you along.
SHOP THE POST:
Stay stylish and chase your dreams!